Dandasana (Staff) – Overview
- Dandasana (Staff)
- Related poses such as Padangustha Dandasana and Urdhva Hasta Dandasana
Sanskrit & Naming
“danda” = staff or stick
Also known as: Stick Pose
Heart of Pose
- Forward Bend
- Sometimes considered a seated version of (or comparable to) Tadasana (Mountain Pose).
- Often used to neutralize and/or assess change during and after other seated poses.
- Lengthening hamstrings beforehand makes it easier to sit upright in this pose.
Much More in this Digest
- Please select from the menu above.
Welcome! You have found content within the Members Only section of Yoga Teacher Central.
Our Teacher Memberships and Trainer Memberships provide instant access to our exceptional collection of expert support, including more than 1,000 pages of inspirational and practical yoga teaching tools.
All memberships include the Class Builder, a structured process to create, save, edit and print comprehensive classes in less than ten minutes!
Rates as low as $14/month.