In this lesson, we explore specific alignment priorities related to anatomy and physiology.
Learn to prioritize spinal positioning, a proper foundation and “stacking” bones, and become familiar with the concepts of moving from the core and using knowledge of muscle pairs during practice.
Explain how the fundamental alignment concern for safety and effectiveness concerns spinal positioning and spinal movements. Describe what is meant by the foundation of a pose and the next step after setting the foundation. Describe the philosophy of “moving from the core” and how awareness of agonist / antagonist muscle pairs can assist a student in practicing a pose.
Questions Answered Here
- What aspect of a pose and the student’s physical alignment can be considered the fundamental concern for safety and effectiveness?
- What is meant by the foundation of a pose?
- Once a proper foundation is set, what is the next step?
- Describe the philosophy of “moving from the core.”
- How can awareness of agonist / antagonist muscle pairs assist the student in practicing a pose?
Welcome! You have found content within the Members Only section of Yoga Teacher Central.
Our Teacher Memberships and Trainer Memberships provide instant access to our exceptional collection of expert support, including more than 1,000 pages of inspirational and practical yoga teaching tools.
All memberships include the Class Builder, a structured process to create, save, edit and print comprehensive classes in less than ten minutes!
Rates as low as $14/month.