Janu Sirsasana (Head to Knee) & Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana (Revolved Head to Knee) – Overview
- Janu Sirsasana (Head to Knee)
- Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana (Revolved Head to Knee)
Sanskrit & Naming
- Janu Sirsasana
“janu” = knee
“sirsa” = head
Head to Knee Pose
- Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana
“parivrtta” = revolving
Revolved Head to Knee Pose
Heart of Pose
- Asymmetrical Stretch of Back Body
- Differs from Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend) in its asymmetry, twisting of the spine and stretching of the kidneys. (Brad Priddy)
Much More in this Digest
- Please select from the Quick Menu above.
Welcome! You have found content within the Members Only section of Yoga Teacher Central.
Our Teacher Memberships and Trainer Memberships provide instant access to our exceptional collection of expert support, including more than 1,000 pages of inspirational and practical yoga teaching tools.
All memberships include the Class Builder, a structured process to create, save, edit and print comprehensive classes in less than ten minutes!
Rates as low as $14/month.