Purchase includes rights to copy and distribute to your students.
• What regions make up the spinal column? What is the shape of each?
• Name two factors that can affect spinal curves.
• How many vertebrae are in each region? Which are fused?
• Where do we experience the most movement in the spine, and why?
• What is the name given to the cartilage between vertebrae?
• The limited mobility between vertebrae provides stability that serves what related purpose?
• What is the most flexible part of the spine?
• What is meant by the term “primary curve?”
• Describe functions of the spinal curves.
• Describe kyphosis. What are potential causes?
• Describe hyperlordosis.What are potential causes?
• Why is the topic of “compensation” important to understand in regard to habitual movement patterns?
• Lower Crossed Syndrome may cause a presentation of hyperlordosis. What imbalances does this describe? What objectives are set to restore muscular balance?