Questions Answered Here
- Why does the moon shine?
- Why does the shape of the moon appear to change?
- Why can’t we see the New Moon?
- As the moon progresses from a New Moon to the Full Moon what happens visually? And what happens from the Full Moon to the next New Moon?
- What is waxing? What is waning?
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the part of the moon that is illuminated will appear to grow from which direction? What is the view from the Southern Hemisphere?
- What memory cue can you use to enable you to use the shape and direction of the moon to identify if the moon is waxing or waning?
- How long does it take the moon to orbit the earth? How long does it take to complete a moon cycle? Why are these different?
- What are the 8 phases of the lunar cycle?
- When does the moon appear to rise and set during each phase of the moon?
- What is a dark or balsamic moon?
To view this page and thousands more, we invite you to join Yoga Teacher Central, serving teachers since 2012.
You'll get instant access to a massive, organized library of practical and time-tested lessons, plans, and support for yoga teachers and trainers.
The entire site is member-supported and ad-free.