In this lesson, we introduce the purpose and techniques for guiding students in conscious breathing and expanding respiratory capacity.
Understand the difference between unconscious and conscious breathing and techniques for guiding students in conscious breathing that slows their breathing rate and expands respiratory capacity.
Be clear that the most important instruction for students learning breathing fundamentals is to relax. Become aware of the average unconscious “normal” breath rate and the effect that awareness has on this rate. Describe the primary objective and benefit of breath training for new students and the breath training basics that will prepare students for pranayama. Describe a number of practices for teaching breath awareness and another gentle practice you might consider for breath training.
Questions Answered Here
- What is the most important instruction for students learning breathing fundamentals?
- How does awareness of the breath affect the resting breath rate?
- What is the primary objective and benefit of breath training for new students?
- What breath training basics will prepare students for pranayama?
- Describe a number of practices for teaching breath awareness.
- Aside from breath awareness practices, what other gentle practice might you consider for breath training?
Welcome! You have found content within the Members Only section of Yoga Teacher Central.
Our Teacher Memberships and Trainer Memberships provide instant access to our exceptional collection of expert support, including more than 1,000 pages of inspirational and practical yoga teaching tools.
All memberships include the Class Builder, a structured process to create, save, edit and print comprehensive classes in less than ten minutes!
Rates as low as $14/month.