In this lesson, we introduce chakras, described as spinning centers of life force energy found in the subtle body.
Become familiar with the philosophy, function and symbolism of chakras.
Define and describe chakras and their function. Note the symbol that traditionally depicts chakras and explain the significance of the number of petals on each symbol. Provide teaching considerations.
Questions Answered Here
- What is the meaning of the Sanskrit word, chakra?
- What are chakras?
- How many chakras are in the human body?
- What are the functions of chakras?
- Individual chakras may be described as having what types of issues?
- Chakras are traditionally depicted by what symbol?
- What is the significance of the number of petals on the chakra symbols?
- As you clarify for yourself your purpose in teaching students about the chakra model, what are some considerations?
Welcome! You have found content within the Members Only section of Yoga Teacher Central.
Our Teacher Memberships and Trainer Memberships provide instant access to our exceptional collection of expert support, including more than 1,000 pages of inspirational and practical yoga teaching tools.
All memberships include the Class Builder, a structured process to create, save, edit and print comprehensive classes in less than ten minutes!
Rates as low as $14/month.