In this lesson, we introduce the diverse branches of yoga.
Become familiar with the major branches or paths of yoga and their origins.
Examine the primary focus and underlying principles of Bhakti, Jnana, Raja, Tantra and Hatha Yoga. Describe how Hatha Yoga is distinguished from other branches and how Hatha Yoga, Tantra, and Raja Yoga are related. Explain the causal forces that sparked the rise of Tantra and the primary philosophical underpinning of the philosophy.
Questions Answered Here
- Name five or more branches of yoga.
- What is the primary focus of Bhakti Yoga?
- What are the underlying principles of Karma Yoga?
- What is the primary tool of Jnana Yoga?
- What is another name for Raja Yoga? What text describes it?
- What philosophies did Tantra arise in response to?
- What is a primary philosophical underpinning of Tantra?
- How is Hatha Yoga distinguished from other branches?
- How are Hatha Yoga, Tantra, and Raja Yoga related?
- Which path is a good fit for individuals who are drawn to meditation?
Welcome! You have found content within the Members Only section of Yoga Teacher Central.
Our Teacher Memberships and Trainer Memberships provide instant access to our exceptional collection of expert support, including more than 1,000 pages of inspirational and practical yoga teaching tools.
All memberships include the Class Builder, a structured process to create, save, edit and print comprehensive classes in less than ten minutes!
Rates as low as $14/month.