- What language is the word “metta” from? What does it mean?
- How can you describe the intention of the word in a way that differentiates it from a feeling or wish that is passive in nature?
- How is the practice of metta different from trying to “be nice.”
- What is Metta Meditation?
- For whom is the first round of the Loving-Kindness Prayer dedicated?
- For whom are successive rounds dedicated to?
- In Metta Meditation, what part of the body does the practitioner focus on?
- What four qualities of love are metta said to develop?
- What other benefits are said to result from Metta Meditation?
- What are some common issues that may arise during the practice? How might you respond to them?
- What are some variations on the practice?
Welcome! You have found content within the Members Only section of Yoga Teacher Central.
Our Teacher Memberships and Trainer Memberships provide instant access to our exceptional collection of expert support, including more than 1,000 pages of inspirational and practical yoga teaching tools.
All memberships include the Class Builder, a structured process to create, save, edit and print comprehensive classes in less than ten minutes!
Rates as low as $14/month.