In this lesson, we lay the foundation for promoting safety in yoga classes.
Become knowledgeable in injury prevention and ways to accommodate students who have injuries and conditions.
Name five common causes of yoga injuries and how to help prevent injuries in classes. Differentiate accommodation from therapeutics and what is required to safely accommodate students with injuries and conditions. Understand the category of students most at risk of yoga-related injury and how to address some of the inherent challenges of teaching an individual practice in a group setting.
Questions Answered Here
- What are three general ways to approach the topic of Injuries, Conditions & Yoga?
- What are five common causes of yoga injuries?
- How can you help to prevent injuries in your classes?
- What is required to go beyond accommodation of a student’s condition to attempting to encourage particular healing or reduction in symptoms?
- What is required to safely accommodate students with injuries and conditions in class?
- According to a 13-year study of yoga-related injuries in the U.S. (published in 2017), the majority of injuries occurred in what category of students?
- How can you address some of the inherent challenges of teaching an individual practice in a group setting?
- What are some challenges and considerations related to learning about individual students in a group class?
Welcome! You have found content within the Members Only section of Yoga Teacher Central.
Our Teacher Memberships and Trainer Memberships provide instant access to our exceptional collection of expert support, including more than 1,000 pages of inspirational and practical yoga teaching tools.
All memberships include the Class Builder, a structured process to create, save, edit and print comprehensive classes in less than ten minutes!
Rates as low as $14/month.