In this lesson, we introduce the condition of depression, describing its qualities plus general considerations from a yogic perspective.
Gain a foundational understanding of the characteristics of depression and considerations from a yogic perspective.
Provide the primary differentiator between sadness and depression, and explain how depression is chemically different from anger and anxiety. Define clinical depression and describe potential symptoms of depression. Explain considerations from a yogic perspective and name four tools you might consider for responding to depression.
Questions Answered Here
- What is a primary differentiator between sadness and depression?
- What is clinical depression?
- Describe potential symptoms of depression.
- Describe how depression is chemically different from anger and anxiety.
- From a yogic perspective, depression may be classified as rajasic or tamasic. What are the indicators of each?
- Describe a general approach to consider.
- Research has shown that yoga reduces symptoms of depression. Name four tools you might consider.
Welcome! You have found content within the Members Only section of Yoga Teacher Central.
Our Teacher Memberships and Trainer Memberships provide instant access to our exceptional collection of expert support, including more than 1,000 pages of inspirational and practical yoga teaching tools.
All memberships include the Class Builder, a structured process to create, save, edit and print comprehensive classes in less than ten minutes!
Rates as low as $14/month.