In this lesson, we apply knowledge of trauma effects to help identify triggers and to optimize teaching using a trauma-sensitive approach.
Become familiar with foundational considerations related to trauma-sensitive teaching, and review specific tactics for promoting emotional and psychological safety in the classroom.
Explain why an awareness of trauma-sensitive teaching is useful and important for all yoga teachers. Describe the heart of trauma-sensitive teaching and provide trauma-sensitive teaching guidelines. Discuss the difference in approach when moving about the classroom in more common teaching vs. trauma-sensitive teaching. Provide considerations for verbalizing. Discuss touch from a trauma-sensitive perspective. Describe how to avoid causing common triggers. Explain clues that may indicate a student is being triggered and how you might respond. Give trauma-sensitive considerations related to Savasana.
Questions Answered Here
- Why is an awareness of trauma-sensitive teaching useful and important for all teachers?
- What is at the heart of trauma-sensitive teaching?
- Give five trauma-sensitive teaching guidelines.
- Describe a consideration regarding the act of coming to a public class.
- Discuss the difference in approach regarding moving about the classroom in typical teaching vs. trauma-sensitive teaching.
- Describe considerations regarding verbalizing in a trauma-sensitive way.
- Discuss touch from a trauma-sensitive perspective.
- What are two common triggers and how can you teach instead?
- How might you recognize a particular student being triggered and how might you respond?
- Describe considerations related to Savasana.
Welcome! You have found content within the Members Only section of Yoga Teacher Central.
Our Teacher Memberships and Trainer Memberships provide instant access to our exceptional collection of expert support, including more than 1,000 pages of inspirational and practical yoga teaching tools.
All memberships include the Class Builder, a structured process to create, save, edit and print comprehensive classes in less than ten minutes!
Rates as low as $14/month.