In this lesson, we examine the Yoga Sutra’s teachings on asana and explore additional wisdom regarding the purpose and benefits of asana.
Memorize and understand sutras 2.46 to 2.49 and study additional expert teachings regarding the purpose and benefits of asana.
Recite and translate sutras 2.46 to 2.49 from Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra, defining asana, explaining what constitutes proper practice of asana, and describing the results of practice. Explain the traditional goals of asana practice and explore words of wisdom from teachers of various lineages regarding the purpose and benefits of asana. Give multiple answers to the question, “What is the purpose (or benefits) of asana?”
Questions Answered Here
- Translate sutras 2.46 to 2.49 regarding the definition, practice, and results of asana.
- What were the traditional goals of asana practice?
- How did Shankaracharya define yoga asana?
- How has Swami Satyananda Saraswati defined yoga asana?
- What has B.K.S. Iyengar said is the key to mastering yoga?
- Give multiple answers to the question, “What is the purpose (or benefits) of asana?”
Welcome! You have found content within the Members Only section of Yoga Teacher Central.
Our Teacher Memberships and Trainer Memberships provide instant access to our exceptional collection of expert support, including more than 1,000 pages of inspirational and practical yoga teaching tools.
All memberships include the Class Builder, a structured process to create, save, edit and print comprehensive classes in less than ten minutes!
Rates as low as $14/month.