In this lesson, we examine standing poses as a category, and ways to apply this knowledge in teaching.
Become proficient in the nature and effects of standing poses, and considerations for wisely teaching and sequencing them.
Describe general physical and energetic effects of standing poses. Explain why standing poses are good preparation for every other type of pose. Describe what is meant by the phrase “root to rise” and how you can invite a student to deepen the connection to his foundation. Explain a caution regarding the teaching of foot placement and a consideration related to the pelvis in standing poses. Describe sequencing considerations and provide a list of standing poses.
Questions Answered Here
- What are the general physical effects of standing poses? What are the energetic effects?
- Why are standing poses good preparation for every other type of pose?
- What is meant by the phrase “root to rise?”
- How can you invite a student to deepen the connection to his foundation?
- What caution does Bernie Clark offer regarding the teaching of foot placement?
- What is a consideration related to the pelvis in standing poses?
- Describe how you might sequence within the category of standing poses.
- What is a consideration related to sequencing standing poses that have an internal rotation of femurs and external rotation of femurs?
- What sequencing cautions are associated with asymmetrical standing poses?
- Name up to 60 (!) standing poses.
Welcome! You have found content within the Members Only section of Yoga Teacher Central.
Our Teacher Memberships and Trainer Memberships provide instant access to our exceptional collection of expert support, including more than 1,000 pages of inspirational and practical yoga teaching tools.
All memberships include the Class Builder, a structured process to create, save, edit and print comprehensive classes in less than ten minutes!
Rates as low as $14/month.