In this lesson, we focus on the pelvic floor, including its contribution to core functioning.
Become proficient in describing the pelvic floor, its role in core functioning, potential issues, and teachings that can contribute to pelvic floor health.
Describe the location and healthy movement of the pelvic floor. Explain how pelvic floor muscles contribute to core functioning. Describe potential issues associated with the pelvic floor and what may cause the issues. Describe teachings and practices that can contribute to pelvic floor health.
Questions Answered Here
- Describe the pelvic floor. Provide a visual and remark on its function and sensitivities.
- Where is the pelvic floor located?
- What defines healthy, natural movement of the pelvic floor?
- Describe three general functions of the pelvic floor.
- How do pelvic floor muscles contribute to core functioning?
- What are some potential issues associated with the pelvic floor?
- What factors may lead to pelvic floor weakness?
- What factors may lead to a tight pelvic floor?
- What other habits, practices and factors may cause pelvic floor issues?
- What teachings and practices may contribute to pelvic floor health?
Welcome! You have found content within the Members Only section of Yoga Teacher Central.
Our Teacher Memberships and Trainer Memberships provide instant access to our exceptional collection of expert support, including more than 1,000 pages of inspirational and practical yoga teaching tools.
All memberships include the Class Builder, a structured process to create, save, edit and print comprehensive classes in less than ten minutes!
Rates as low as $14/month.