In this lesson, we explore yoga’s impact on the nervous system and stress.
Become proficient in communicating how yoga practices impact the nervous system and why this is a critical factor in the positive results from yoga practice.
Understand why it’s important to learn to regulate the nervous system and give inspirational examples of yoga’s impact. Describe the primary underlying reason that yoga helps to relieve stress and give examples of yoga techniques that trigger the Relaxation Response. Describe the relationship between yoga, vagal tone, and relaxation. Explain research findings on the effect of Ujjayi Pranayama as it relates to stress. Define GABA and explain how it’s related to stress, fear and anxiety. Describe research findings on the impact of yoga on GABA levels.
Questions Answered Here
- Why is it important to learn to regulate the nervous system?
- What is the primary underlying reason that yoga helps to relieve stress?
- What are some examples of yoga techniques that trigger the Relaxation Response?
- What is the relationship between yoga, vagal tone, and relaxation?
- Describe four additional ways that yoga helps to relieve stress.
- What has research shown is the effect of Ujjayi Pranayama as it relates to stress?
- What is GABA and how is related to stress, fear and anxiety?
- What has research shown is the impact of yoga on GABA levels?
Get Inspired: 2-Minute Message
Welcome! You have found content within the Members Only section of Yoga Teacher Central.
Our Teacher Memberships and Trainer Memberships provide instant access to our exceptional collection of expert support, including more than 1,000 pages of inspirational and practical yoga teaching tools.
All memberships include the Class Builder, a structured process to create, save, edit and print comprehensive classes in less than ten minutes!
Rates as low as $14/month.