In this lesson, we introduce the vagus nerve and describe practices that raise vagal tone.
Become familiar with the significance of vagal tone in the experience of stress and the effectiveness of yoga techniques.
Describe the vagus nerve and its location. Explain what is meant by the term, “vagal tone” and what is associated with high vagal tone and low vagal tone. Explain vagus nerve stimulation (VNS) and describe practices that raise vagal tone, boost the immune system, reduce inflammation and contribute to feelings of contentment.
Questions Answered Here
- The vagus nerve is an element of which part of the nervous system?
- What is the vagus nerve and where is it located?
- What is another name for the vagus nerve?
- Describe the role of the vagus nerve.
- What is meant by the term, “vagal tone?”
- What is associated with high vagal tone?
- What is associated with low vagal tone?
- While there are implanted medical devices for vagus nerve stimulation (VNS), we can’t directly stimulate the vagus nerve. How is it indirectly stimulated?
- What practices raise vagal tone, boost the immune system, reduce inflammation and contribute to feelings of contentment?
Welcome! You have found content within the Members Only section of Yoga Teacher Central.
Our Teacher Memberships and Trainer Memberships provide instant access to our exceptional collection of expert support, including more than 1,000 pages of inspirational and practical yoga teaching tools.
All memberships include the Class Builder, a structured process to create, save, edit and print comprehensive classes in less than ten minutes!
Rates as low as $14/month.