In this lesson, we focus specifically on the transversus abdominis (TA) and how to teach engagement of the deeper abdominals.
Become more deeply knowledgeable about the TA and how to effectively teach engagement of the deeper abdominals.
Describe the location of the transversus abdominis (TA) and its function. Explain the effect of engaging / contracting the TA. Provide exercises that can help students to identify the TA, and explain a physical clue that may indicate deeper abdominals are not being engaged.
Questions Answered Here
- Where is the transversus abdominis (TA) located?
- What is its function?
- What is the effect from engaging / contracting the TA?
- How can identifying the sensation of contracting deeper abdominals benefit students?
- What are some exercises that can help to identify the TA?
- When performing a lower abdominal exercise such as a leg lift, what clue can indicate the deeper abdominals are not engaged?
Welcome! You have found content within the Members Only section of Yoga Teacher Central.
Our Teacher Memberships and Trainer Memberships provide instant access to our exceptional collection of expert support, including more than 1,000 pages of inspirational and practical yoga teaching tools.
All memberships include the Class Builder, a structured process to create, save, edit and print comprehensive classes in less than ten minutes!
Rates as low as $14/month.