In this lesson, we apply knowledge of core anatomy to teaching.
Become proficient in choosing practices and verbalizing teachings to promote a balanced, healthy core.
Describe key teachings that can help students to safely and effectively develop a healthy core. Explain how tightness in the core can adversely affect breathing and describe the potential negative effects of excessive abdominal exercises on spinal curves. Define stabilizers and prime movers and explain why this is important when choosing core strengthening exercises. Describe ways to effectively use such verbiage as “abdomen,” “belly,” and “core.”
Questions Answered Here
- Describe how tightness in the core can adversely affect breathing.
- Describe potential negative effects of excessive abdominal exercises on spinal curves.
- What is meant by stabilizers and prime movers? Why is this important when choosing core strengthening exercises?
- Describe an important teaching related to balance.
- What is a key factor in sustained core health?
- What are some considerations that can help to inform your choice of practices and teachings?
- What is the anatomical meaning of abdomen?
- Describe ways to use such verbiage as “abdomen,” “belly,” and “core” effectively in teaching.
Get Inspired: 2-Minute Message
Welcome! You have found content within the Members Only section of Yoga Teacher Central.
Our Teacher Memberships and Trainer Memberships provide instant access to our exceptional collection of expert support, including more than 1,000 pages of inspirational and practical yoga teaching tools.
All memberships include the Class Builder, a structured process to create, save, edit and print comprehensive classes in less than ten minutes!
Rates as low as $14/month.