In this lesson, we introduce the musculoskeletal system.
Gain an understanding of the foundational anatomy of the musculoskeletal system.
Explain what is included in the musculoskeletal system and what it does. Define and explain the function of bones, joints and muscles. Name and describe the different types of joints and muscles.
Questions Answered Here
- What is included in the musculoskeletal system and what does it do?
- What is a bone?
- What is meant by the axial skeleton?
- What is the appendicular skeleton?
- What is the function of bones?
- What is a joint?
- What are seven types of joints?
- Define muscle.
- What are the three types of muscles in the body?
- What is the main function of muscles?
- Describe four additional functions of muscles.
Welcome! You have found content within the Members Only section of Yoga Teacher Central.
Our Teacher Memberships and Trainer Memberships provide instant access to our exceptional collection of expert support, including more than 1,000 pages of inspirational and practical yoga teaching tools.
All memberships include the Class Builder, a structured process to create, save, edit and print comprehensive classes in less than ten minutes!
Rates as low as $14/month.