In this lesson, we specify the general and specific ways that yoga techniques support health, including its impact on various bodily systems.
Become competent in specifying the ways that yoga supports health from various perspectives.
Describe four perspectives from which yoga can be described as supporting health. Explain ways that yoga can serve a preventative role and examples of providing symptomatic relief. Understand how yoga techniques can be used along with western medical treatment and how they can help to address imbalances related to health conditions. Name multiple categories of bodily systems that are supported by yoga practices and the ways in which yoga supports health of those systems.
Questions Answered Here
- Describe four perspectives from which yoga can be described as supporting health.
- In what ways can yoga serve a preventative role?
- Give examples of how yoga provides symptomatic relief.
- How can yoga techniques be used along with western medical treatment?
- How does yoga help to address imbalances related to health conditions?
- Name five or more categories of bodily systems that are supported by yoga practices.
- In what ways does asana support muscular and skeletal health?
- Describe yoga’s impact on stress and stress-related diseases.
- Describe the primary advice for promoting healthy digestion.
- Which yoga practices may help to improve lung function?
- How can yoga impact the immune system?
- How can yoga affect the circulatory system?
Welcome! You have found content within the Members Only section of Yoga Teacher Central.
Our Teacher Memberships and Trainer Memberships provide instant access to our exceptional collection of expert support, including more than 1,000 pages of inspirational and practical yoga teaching tools.
All memberships include the Class Builder, a structured process to create, save, edit and print comprehensive classes in less than ten minutes!
Rates as low as $14/month.