Purchase includes rights to copy and distribute to your students.
• What poses are considered “classic” inversions?
• What is meant by the term “mild inversions”? Give examples.
• What are “restorative inversions”?
• Give examples of poses that are both arm balances and inversions.
• What are the general physical effects of inversions?
• What are the general energetic effects?
• For what two broad conditions are inversions (of any type) contraindicated?
• When full inversions are not appropriate, what may be safer alternatives?
• What is a common propping mistake when setting up for Shoulderstand?
• What Shoulderstand variation is safer for the neck than the full pose?
• What is a good preparatory pose for Shoulderstand?
• What is an alternative for Shoulderstand that provides most inversion effects without the risks?
• Describe a way to observe shoulder flexibility as a readiness test for Headstand.
• Describe a way to observe shoulder strength as a readiness test for Headstand.