• Distinctions among the many topics related to breathing fundamentals and pranayama
• Cautions related to teaching beginners
• Cautions related to chronic conditions
• Cautions related to breath retention
• Cautions related to differences among students
• Describe multiple perspectives from which to examine the topic of pranayama.
• How is teaching breath practices different from teaching formal pranayama?
• Which practices are safe for beginners? Which are not?
• What aspect of the breath cycle requires particular experience and skill to safely practice and teach?
• Describe cautions to be observed during a practice, such as the environment, sequencing related to other class elements, advising students, etc.