• Safe and effective practices that serve as preparation for formal pranayama
• Basic breath training, breath awareness and other gentle practices
• Yogic breathing techniques including conscious exhalation
• Describe three breath training basics will prepare students for formal pranayama.
• Why is a self "check-in" at the beginning of practice valuable?
• What types of postures are effective for teaching breath awareness?
• Describe five techniques for teaching breath awareness.
• What is meant by the term Belly Breathing?
• How is Belly Breathing related to the Three-Part Breath?
• What are two different ways that the Three-Part Breath are taught?
• Aside from breath awareness practices, what other gentle practices are safe considerations for most students?
• How does awareness of the breath affect the resting breath rate?
• What is the practice and objective for initial breathwork with new students?
• What is clavicular breathing? Thoracic breathing? Diaphragmatic breathing?
• What is yogic breathing?
• What are the benefits of a conscious exhalation?
• What is the technique for consciously exhaling in yogic breathing?
• How is the more advanced technique of diaphragmatic rib cage breathing different from ineffective chest breathing? Why might the two be confused?