• The physical process of breathing
• Breathing defined
• Thoracic and abdominal cavities
• The diaphragm
• Nose & nasal cycle
• Abdominal and intercostal muscles
• What happens during breathing?
• What is the purpose of breathing?
• What are the contents of the thoracic and abdominal cavities?
• How do the thoracic and abdominal cavities change during breathing?
• What is the diaphragm's role in breathing?
• What is the function of the nose in breathing?
• What is the nasal cycle?
• What are the primary respiratory muscles and what are the accessory?
• What problems can a person have with their diaphragm and what is the effect?
• Why is the fill capacity of the upper lungs less than the lower?
• What is the role of the intercostal muscles and abdominals in breathing?