In this lesson, we examine the importance of mindful asana transitioning and specific ways to teach it.
Become proficient in teaching mindful asana transitions.
Define transitioning as it relates to practicing asana and provide specific techniques that can help a student to practice mindful transitions. Understand the importance of teaching mindful transitioning between poses in Vinyasa Flow and explain a key transition in flow sequences.
Questions Answered Here
Here we cover specific teachings related to asana transitions. For teaching a theme of mindful transitioning in general, please see Theme: Mindful Transitioning.
- What is meant by transitioning when practicing asana?
- What specific techniques can help a student to practice mindful transitions in asana?
- Give an example of how to teach mindful transitioning while entering or exiting a pose.
- For what reasons is it important to teach mindful transitioning between poses in Vinyasa Flow?
- What is a key transition teaching in flow sequences?
Welcome! You have found content within the Members Only section of Yoga Teacher Central.
Our Teacher Memberships and Trainer Memberships provide instant access to our exceptional collection of expert support, including more than 1,000 pages of inspirational and practical yoga teaching tools.
All memberships include the Class Builder, a structured process to create, save, edit and print comprehensive classes in less than ten minutes!
Rates as low as $14/month.