In this lesson, we lay the foundations for understanding the subconscious and applying strategies for overcoming related limitations.
Become familiar with the”subconscious,” “unconscious” and “the shadow” and how this very real aspect of human beings is related to creativity and psychological development plus specific strategies for uncovering limiting beliefs.
Define “subconscious” and “unconscious.” Describe how core beliefs are related to the subconscious. Explain Freud’s teaching in terms of how and why the unconscious expresses itself. Define “the shadow” and explain how it is said to be related to creativity. Describe strategies that may help to uncover limiting beliefs and the type of thinking that may indicate the existence of a limiting belief. Explain what is meant by the term resistance in this context, how it may manifest, and why it behoove us to pay attention to where we feel or exhibit resistance.
Questions Answered Here
- Define “subconscious” and “unconscious.”
- How are core beliefs related to the subconscious?
- What did Freud teach in terms of how and why the unconscious expresses itself?
- What is the shadow?
- From a psychological development perspective, what are the consequences of dissociating from the shadow?
- How is creativity said to be related to the shadow?
- Describe four primary strategies that may help to uncover limiting beliefs.
- What type of thinking may indicate the existence of a limiting belief?
- What is meant by the term resistance in this context? How may it manifest?
- Why does it behoove us to pay attention to where we feel or exhibit resistance?
Welcome! You have found content within the Members Only section of Yoga Teacher Central.
Our Teacher Memberships and Trainer Memberships provide instant access to our exceptional collection of expert support, including more than 1,000 pages of inspirational and practical yoga teaching tools.
All memberships include the Class Builder, a structured process to create, save, edit and print comprehensive classes in less than ten minutes!
Rates as low as $14/month.