Here you can quickly assess your knowledge of yoga teaching vocabulary, and identify gaps in your understanding.
- We’ve compiled a comprehensive vocabulary list, plus a list of common Sanskrit components that make up pose names.
- For briefer quizzes by subject, see the other self-assessments.
We offer a series of free quizzes for yoga teachers to:
- Make it easy to self-assess knowledge privately.
- Help teachers who identify knowledge gaps to bolster their learning with accessible and practical lessons.
More Free Self-Assessments
For more free self-assessments, see the Standards & Self-Assessment Hub.
Sanskrit Components in Pose Names
Member lesson: Preparing to Use Sanskrit in Teaching
In a Nutshell
- The enrollment fee is $25 and is open to Yoga Teacher Central members, past members and non-members.
- Members receive current membership benefits plus additional benefits listed below.
- Enrollment in the Pre-Certification Study Program qualifies you for lifetime YTC Teacher status.
Enrolling in the YTC Pre-Certification Study Program gives you:
- A downloadable Knowledge Standards Lesson Guide to walk you through a structured assessment and study path toward certification.
- Selection of 5 Downloadable Lessons of your choice (from a library of nearly 400) for lifetime use.
- Recognition as a YTC Teacher (for life; no expiration).
- Professional marketing kit for highlighting your YTC Teacher status on social media and your website.*
- Your current membership gives you online access to not only thousands of pages of organized study and teaching knowledge, but also sequence breakdowns and teaching notes, theme plans, injury cheat-sheets, and so on.
- When you enroll in the Pre-Certification Study Program, you get these additional benefits: a Knowledge Standards Lesson Guide, selection of 5 Downloadable Lessons of your choice, and a professional marketing kit for highlighting your YTC Teacher status on social media and your website.
*Coming in 2021: Option for YTC Teachers to matriculate and achieve certification status via low cost, in-home examination.