Why We Recommend This Book
This is a great gift to modern yoga teachers, making ancient yoga teachings on the subtle body clear and accessible while also carefully weaving them with Western anatomy. Tias Little takes us along on his fascinating study of Indian mythology, energy anatomy and the structural body. – Shelly
In the tradition of yoga, the subtle body suggests that which is fine, delicate, and infinitesimally small such as an atomic particle. It also speaks to the all-pervading spirit in the body as is one of the names of Siva. In this book I undertake an investigation of the subtle body, bringing together notions of the animating spirit that appear in traditional yoga sources with the anatomical body.
- Ashley-Farrand, Thomas — Chakra Mantras: Liberate Your Spiritual Genius Through Chanting link
- Dale, Cyndi — The Subtle Body: An Encyclopedia of Your Energetic Anatomy link
- Finger, Alan — Chakra Yoga: Balancing Energy for Physical, Spiritual, and Mental Well-being link
- Fondin, Michelle S. — Chakra Healing for Vibrant Energy: Exploring Your 7 Energy Centers with Mindfulness, Yoga, and Ayurveda link
- Govinda, Kalashatra — A Handbook of Chakra Healing: Spiritual Practice for Health, Harmony and Inner Peace link
- Jarow, Rick — Creating the Work You Love: Courage, Commitment, and Career (uses chakra model) link
- Judith, Anodea — Eastern Body, Western Mind: Psychology and the Chakra System As a Path to the Self link
- Judith, Anodea — Wheels of Life: A User’s Guide to the Chakra System link
- Little, Tias — Yoga of the Subtle Body link
- Maehle, Gregor — Yoga Meditation: Through Mantra, Chakras and Kundalini to Spiritual Freedom link
- Myss Ph D, Caroline — Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing link
- Radha, Swami Sivananda — Kundalini Yoga for the West: A Foundation for Character Building Courage and Awareness link
- Saradananda, Swami — Chakra Meditation: Discover Energy, Creativity, Focus, Love, Communication, Wisdom, and Spirit link
- Saraswati, Swami Satyananda — Kundalini Tantra link
- Wauters, Ambika — Chakras and Their Archetypes: Uniting Energy Awareness and Spiritual Growth link
- Hanna, Thomas — Somatics: Reawakening The Mind’s Control Of Movement, Flexibility, And Health link
- Sarno, John E, MD — Healing Back Pain: The Mind-Body Connection link
- Wildman, Frank PhD — Feldenkrais:The Busy Person’s Guide to Easier Movement link
- Williamson, Craig — Muscular Retraining for Pain-Free Living link
Our goal in providing book lists with quick links is to make it easy for you to get a sense for the variety of possible resources and to access them easily.
We receive no compensation of any sort for any recommendations or mentions. We are simply offering information as we feel called to do so.
Most of our book links use Amazon Associates, which pays a tiny commission on purchases made through those links (80 cents on a $20 book, for example). On average, we receive less than $15 per month from Amazon.