Custom, Branded Training Curriculum
With our support, you can guarantee that students in your yoga teacher trainings and immersions will have the highest-quality curriculum and knowledge base.
You’ll have more time to focus on your passions and to respond to the particular needs of your trainees.
We offer trainers complete freedom to build, edit, brand and distribute excellent manuals and other learning materials (such as quizzes and presentations) for custom teacher trainings and immersions.
Includes detailed and flexible curriculums and lessons for each of these trainings:
- A foundations-level training (including 200RYT)
- Advanced teacher trainings and immersions (including 300RYT and 500RYT)
- Specialization or emphasis in Yin Yoga
- Specialization or emphasis in Breathing Practices & Pranayama
- More specializations coming soon, including Sound & Mantra, Meditation, Restorative Yoga and Yoga for particular populations
Everything may be edited and branded as desired.
You get a complete training curriculum of superior quality. You choose 185 pieces from a library of nearly 1,000 components that can be mixed and matched to meet your vision. You can edit and keep the pieces for life and may distribute them to your trainees.
No two training manuals using our materials will look the same. The library is vast — more than any one school could ever use — and the content can be edited and custom branded.
- If you have a Trainer membership, you have access to a complete training curriculum with manual and support materials.
- The content is customizable and you may brand as desired — all with reprint and distribution rights.
- You may keep all your material for lifetime use.
- The Trainer materials include 200-hour, 300-hour and 500-hour syllabus templates that follow the format and organization of the Yoga Alliance core curriculum and standards.
- The library of downloadables includes manual content on over 325 teaching topics, plus more than 80 quizzes with answer keys and 30 presentations that provide professional formatting for use with an overhead projector or electronic distribution.
- Select 185* items from more than 950 total downloadables. Mix and match to meet your needs for various levels and to coordinate with any existing materials you have.
- Make as many copies of the materials as you need or send electronically to your students for offline access.
- Take a full year to download your materials, plus enjoy access to the entire online member library.
- We offer the highest quality content. It’s derived from expert sources and precisely organized. See more detail and sample materials below.
*Here’s how we came up with a total allotment of 185 download credits:
- 145 documents – This is enough for a very generous foundations curriculum that exceeds the YA requirements. (We break down 12 broad subject areas into 145 individual topics that we recommend be covered in a 200-hour training. We offer more than 300 topics to choose from, including material for complete 300RYT and 500RYT trainings.)
- 30 quizzes and answer sheets – Yoga Alliance has designated 13 “defined competencies.” We’ve included enough downloads for multiple quizzes and/or answer sheets so you can easily meet this requirement.
- 10 extra – We’ve included a buffer so you have enough for downloading sample curricula, presentations and/or additional topics as desired.
The breakdown of the 185 shown above is simply the thinking behind our allocation; you may download any materials you wish.
It’s not easy to become a good yoga teacher. Good training is just the beginning. Continued study is a must. We make it as easy as possible for your trainees to make a good name for themselves and your organization. How? By arming them with the support resources that enable them to get up-to-speed efficiently and freeing you up to focus on your personal transmission and inspiring them with vital in-class coaching.
See more detail below. Write us if you need anything.
Syllabus & Detailed Curriculum
Each syllabus offers an at-a-glance view of a comprehensive and systematically organized training.
In addition, there’s a lesson-by-lesson curriculum with learning objectives and lesson descriptions. You can use this guide to select the lessons, presentations, quizzes and answer keys from the Trainer Download Library.
Here are some sample excerpts:
Foundations Training: Learning Objectives
Detailed Curriculum (with YA Assessment Requirements)
Specialization: Yin Yoga Syllabus at a Glance
Specialization: Breathing Practices Syllabus at a Glance
Structure & Supplementary Support
- Our content is comprehensive, and it’s organized with meticulous care. It can lend structure to your thinking, or prompt you to include something that you overlooked.
- However, your in-class training need not be dictated by our material. Rather, the manual content can be a valuable supplement to what you teach, providing background, contextual support, details or inspiration.
- Similarly, our presentations and quizzes can give structure to your in-class training or be supplementary components.
Of the Highest Quality
- We consult dozens of expert sources on every topic we cover and scrutinize every single teaching. You see only that which meets high quality standards. You won’t come across any weak “tips,” random opinions or immature assumptions.
- We cite and link to sources for verification and further study.
- We curate content from all yoga lineages. By combing through hundreds of sources, we bring a vast selection of teachings and tools.
- You can see for yourself with an online Teacher Membership and free samples of training content below.
No two training manuals using our materials will look the same.
- The library is vast— more than any one school could ever use — and every piece can be edited and custom branded.
- You choose from a library of component pieces that can be mixed and matched to meet your vision.
- Our content can fit with your own material, or you can pick and choose pieces to form a complete 200RYT, 300RYT or 500RYT training and/or a specialization or emphasis in Yin Yoga (with more specializations coming soon).
We enable you to offer any of these perspectives within each of the hundreds of topics:
- Provide context. Introduce topics within a a bigger context.
- Begin at the beginning. Clarify assumptions and lay the foundation.
- Give an overview, a lay of the land. Provide a summary with highlights.
- Go deep. Get specific, while prioritizing strategic application of concepts into actual teaching.
This organizational structure is not only a sweet way to approach topics, it gives you the flexibility to use the content that best suits your needs for various trainings. For instance, how you present chakras will depend on the training (200RYT, 300RYT 500RYT, specialization, or a workshop) and on how much you wish to focus on the topic overall. And since the material in your manual may either give structure to your coverage of the topic, or serve as supplementary background, you have all the more freedom to choose content to serve your particular needs.
So, for example, when choosing content for chakras, you can choose exactly what you need from these content pieces:
- Energy & Subtle Body Anatomy Intro — The greater philosophy of which chakras are a part
- Chakras Intro — The big picture, the background and philosophy
- Chakras Summary & Highlights— A look at all the chakras at once
- Muladhara Chakra, Svadhisthana Chakra, etc. — Extremely comprehensive coverage of each chakra, including associated themes and practices
Free Training Samples
These pieces are provided in a customizable version that you can edit and brand as desired. They come with distribution rights to provide to your trainees, and are yours for life.
Teaching Methodology Samples
The first of 18 topics within the Teaching Methodology & Art of Teaching module is “Foundational Skill Sets.” This is, in essence, an overview or summary of the fundamental skills that contribute to good yoga teaching.
The samples below come from the Introduction where we “begin at the beginning.” Other lessons offer in-depth teachings related of each of the topics introduced in the fundamentals.
Forward Bending: Free Samples
Forward Bending is one of the categories within the subject of Asana Categories. This is a powerful body of content that is vital for teachers to learn, both for deeply understanding asana and for sequencing effectively.
There is a lesson on categories and families in general. And for more in-depth coverage, each category is covered like this:
See current pricing here.
If you’ve ever had a Trainer Membership with us and wish to re-join, you can do so for 50% off.
- The offer is good for 50% off both the one-time payment and installment plans.
- The coupon doesn’t expire.
- Contact us for the coupon code.
This offer is good for previous Trainer Members only.