Spend your down-time being reminded of your specialness, your gifts, your priorities, and your love of teaching!
Like everyone else, you probably find yourself scrolling through social media or the news, or viewing random content that wasn’t your intention and that distracts you from your priorities.
There are a number of strategies that can help in taking back control over your time and support you in more consciously choosing what you’re feeding your mind.
One tip is to keep a file of items to read, listen and watch when you need a lift, or when you might be tempted to choose random sources.
Here’s something you can add to your file! : ) We’re offering these 2-minute audio messages to help inspire you as a yoga teacher. They’re free. Bookmark this page so you can get quick inspiration during your down-time!
1. The Gift of Personal Practice & Self-Care
2. Coming Back to Your Breath Throughout Your Day & During Teaching
3. Teaching as a Path of Continuous Learning
4. Growing Your Knowledge of Anatomy & Physiology
5. Incorporating Sound Vibration
See also: Sound, Mantra & Chanting Hub
6. Giving Instructions in the Positive
See also: Art of Teaching – Word Choice
7. You Are Not Crazy
8. Preparing & Marketing for Teaching Privates
See also: Building Business & Revenue Streams
9. Balance is Individual
See also: Theme: Yoga & Balance
10. What is Yoga?
See also: Philosophy Readings: What is Yoga?
11. Teaching Students HOW to Take Responsibility for Themselves & Their Safety
See also: Promoting Student Safety
12. Tools to Create a State-Change
See also: Planning & Sequencing: Class Elements
13. Quick Ways to Get Inspired to Teach
14. Setting a Foundation for Teaching the Yamas & Niyamas
See also: The Yoga Sutra: Context & Introduction
15. Teaching Themes & Philosophy: Distilling a Topic Down to its Essence
16. Teaching Core Anatomy & Core Health
17. You Are Not Crazy Part 2
See also: Self-Care & Burnout
18. Offering Increased Challenge for Students Who Are Ready
19. An Overlooked Limb?
See also: Pratyahara Teachings
20. Meditation Teaching Points
See also: Meditation: Teaching Considerations
21. Ayurveda & Yoga
See also: Ayurveda & Yoga Introduction
22. Behind-the-Scenes: How We Support Yoga Teachers (The Playlist Project)
See also: About Yoga Teacher Central
23. Behind-the-Scenes: I Bet You Didn’t Know that Microsoft Used to Prohibit Email (!)
See also: About Shelly
24. Whatever You’re Thinking or Feeling, It’s Okay
See also: Theme: Mindfulness
25. Getting Started, Taking a Step Forward
See also: Setting Meaningful Goals
26. Why You Should Teach the Kleshas
See also: Kleshas: Introduction
27. Teaching (Verbalizing) the Effects of Asana Categories or Poses
See also: Art of Teaching: Word Choice
28. The Power & Insight of Our Words
29. How Teaching Affirmations Affected Me