Stretches & Flows – Shoulders, Upper Torso – Overview
About this Digest
- Select from the Quick Menu above to review stretches, asana variations, and flows that target the shoulders and upper torso.
About the Digests featuring Stretches
- The digests that feature stretches bring together many ideas for consideration into one view.
- Each digest has a different anatomical focus. The following links take you to the Overview for each digest: Back and Side Waist; Hips and Legs; Neck, Wrists & Ankles; Shoulders & Upper Torso.
- Within each digest there is a separate page for standing stretches and for seated stretches, with other categorizations as appropriate. When you are on any page in a digest, you may use the quick menu to navigate to the various categorizations.
About the Stretches & Flows
- These practices can be used to warm up the body or to prepare for particular target actions.
- They may serve as preparation for more physically strenuous asana.
- The flows may help to prepare for a static hold.
- And these practices may be used to prepare for or support Restorative Yoga and Meditation.
- Some of these practices may also serve as alternatives to asana during injury or other conditions.
To view this page and thousands more, we invite you to join Yoga Teacher Central, serving teachers since 2012.
You'll get instant access to a massive, organized library of practical and time-tested lessons, plans, and support for yoga teachers and trainers.
The entire site is member-supported and ad-free.