Purvottanasana (Upward Plank) – Overview
- Purvottanasana (Upward Plank)
- Reverse Table Top
Sanskrit & Naming
“purva” = east side (front of body)
“uttana” = intense
Intense Eastward Facing Stretch
Also known as: Upward Plank and Front of Body Stretch
Heart of Pose
- Strengthening / Stabilizing
- Front Body Stretch
- Neutralizes forward bends, opening front of body.
- Prepare by lengthening hip flexors in modified Low Lunge, lifting back foot.
Much More in this Digest
- Please select from the menu above.
Welcome! You have found content within the Members Only section of Yoga Teacher Central.
Our Teacher Memberships and Trainer Memberships provide instant access to our exceptional collection of expert support, including more than 1,000 pages of inspirational and practical yoga teaching tools.
All memberships include the Class Builder, a structured process to create, save, edit and print comprehensive classes in less than ten minutes!
Rates as low as $14/month.