Purvottanasana (Upward Plank) – Overview
- Features: Purvottanasana (Upward Plank), and related poses such as Reverse Table Top
- Objective: Become knowledgeable about the pose and review detailed teaching considerations.
- Description: Explain the Sanskrit naming; contraindications and cautions; associated benefits and typical effects; instructions and cues for setting up and practicing the pose; variations to meet particular intentions and needs; and more teaching considerations.
“purva” = east side (front of body)
“uttana” = intense
Intense Eastward Facing Stretch
Also known as: Upward Plank and Front of Body Stretch
Heart of Pose
- Strengthening / Stabilizing
- Front Body Stretch
- Neutralizes forward bends, opening front of body.
- Prepare by lengthening hip flexors in modified Low Lunge, lifting back foot.
Much More in this Digest
Asana Digests are precisely organized so that you can quickly get what you need. Please select from the menu above.
Welcome! You have found content within the Members Only section of Yoga Teacher Central.
Our Teacher Memberships and Trainer Memberships provide instant access to our exceptional collection of expert support, including more than 1,000 pages of inspirational and practical yoga teaching tools.
All memberships include the Class Builder, a structured process to create, save, edit and print comprehensive classes in less than ten minutes!
Rates as low as $14/month.