- These poses serve as preparation for arm balances, inversions and backbends.
- Ashtanga Namaskara is a backbend but included here for its role in Classical Sun Salutes and as a potential alternative for Chaturanga Dandasana in Surya Namaskar.
- The “eight limbs” of Ashtanga Namskara refer to the parts of the body that touch the ground in the pose: chin, chest, both hands, both knees, and both sets of toes.
- See Cautions in menu above for many vital considerations.
- See Core Strengthening Exercises for Plank Curl and more.