Halasana (Plow) – Overview
- Halasana (Plow Pose)
- Related poses such as Supta Konasana, Ardha Halasana, Parsva Halasana, Karnapidasana, Urdhva Padmasana and Pindasana
Sanskrit & Naming
hala = plow
- Parsva Halasana
Sideways (or Twisted) Plow Pose
karna = ear
pida = pressure
Ear Pressure Pose
Heart of Pose
- Stretches Spine
- Mild Inversion
- Often used as finishing pose to help prepare for relaxation, pranayama and meditation
- A mild inversion with heart above head
- See Contraindications and Cautions for many important considerations
Much More in this Digest
- Please select from the menu above
Welcome! You have found content within the Members Only section of Yoga Teacher Central.
Our Teacher Memberships and Trainer Memberships provide instant access to our exceptional collection of expert support, including more than 1,000 pages of inspirational and practical yoga teaching tools.
All memberships include the Class Builder, a structured process to create, save, edit and print comprehensive classes in less than ten minutes!
Rates as low as $14/month.