Bharadvajasana (Sage Twist) – Overview
- Features: Bharadvajasana I and II (Sage Twist)
- Objective: Become knowledgeable about the pose and review detailed teaching considerations.
- Description: Explain the Sanskrit naming; contraindications and cautions; associated benefits and typical effects; instructions and cues for setting up and practicing the pose; variations to meet particular intentions and needs; associated mythology, and more teaching considerations.
“Bharadvaja” = name of a sage
Bharadvaja’s Twist / Sage Twist
Heart of Pose
- Sometimes used to bring spine back to neutral after deep backbending
- See Quick Menu for Cautions related to knees, low back, SI joints, and neck
Much More in this Digest
Asana Digests are precisely organized so that you can quickly get what you need. Please select from the menu above.
To view this page and thousands more, we invite you to join Yoga Teacher Central, serving teachers since 2012.
You'll get instant access to a massive, organized library of practical and time-tested lessons, plans, and support for yoga teachers and trainers.
The entire site is member-supported and ad-free.