Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog) – Overview
- Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog)
- Related poses such as Eka Pada Adho Mukha Svanasana, Eka Pada Adho Mukha Svanasana + Open Hip and Anahatasana.
Sanskrit & Naming
- Adho Mukha Svanasana
AH-do MOO-kuh shvah-NAWS-ana
“adho” = down
“mukha” = face
“svan” = dog
“eka” = one
“pada” = foot or leg
Downward Facing Dog Pose
One-Legged Downward Facing Dog Pose
Melting Heart Pose
- Uttana Shishosana
Extended Puppy Pose
Heart of Pose
- Spinal Extension
- Mild Inversion
- Rejuvenating, whole body stretch
- See Anatomy of Movement for more on spinal extension
Much More in this Digest
- Please select from the menu above.
Welcome! You have found content within the Members Only section of Yoga Teacher Central.
Our Teacher Memberships and Trainer Memberships provide instant access to our exceptional collection of expert support, including more than 1,000 pages of inspirational and practical yoga teaching tools.
All memberships include the Class Builder, a structured process to create, save, edit and print comprehensive classes in less than ten minutes!
Rates as low as $14/month.